The Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother truly is a no-brainer… it doesn’t get easier than this! Being rated at 490W, it can be operated in the van with our 1000W inverter. While we try to stick with power-free appliances, the Aeroccino is so simple to use and to clean, that we think it’s worth the modest electrical draw.
For a while, we used the small manual milk frother included with our ROK Presso Manual Espresso maker. It’s great! It does what it is supposed to. However, milk has to be heated in a casserole (which has to be cleaned); milk temperature must be carefully monitored; the small manual frother is difficult to clean (because the interior is hard to reach). For these reasons, we moved toward the Aeroccino.
What we Like
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Makes no noise
What we Don’t Like …
- It requires electricity (it’s rated 490W)
- It’s quite voluminous (compared to the small manual milk frother included with our ROK Presso)
What’s in the Box
- Aeroccino Milk Frother
- Power Base
- Magnetic frother
Where to Buy
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click a product link and buy anything from the merchant, we will receive a commission fee. The price you pay remains the same, affiliate link or not.
Alternatively, you can visit our Say Thanks! page.
The frothing is induced by a “spring” that turns at the bottom of the Aeroccino. There is no mechanism to activate the “spring”, it is actuated by a magnetic field. Neat!
There is not much to say…
1) Add cold milk up the the Cappuccino mark or the Latte mark. The amount of milk added will drive the foam produced:
- a little milk (Cappuccino mark) will produce a lot of thick & dense foam
- more milk (Latte mark) will produce a little of creamy foam
2) Press the button (there is only one button, no option! Refer to step 1 above)
3) Wait 1 to 2 minutes
5) Rinse with water (it’s waterproof, but not dishwasher safe)
Here it is in action:
We’ve been using the Aeroccino since April 2017, it’s still too soon to tell. But with so few moving parts, we expect this thing to last… We’ll keep you updated, Subscribe to our Mailing List to be notified!
The Epica sells for half the price on Amazon and it is very well rated (with over 4 700 reviews!). It also has more options than the Nespresso Aeroccino: Hot Froth, Cold Froth, Hot Milk. Why did we get the Aeroccino, then? Because we know several people that have the Aeroccino and are really satisfied with it, that’s why!
You Might Be Interested In: