Breaker Enclosure for Alternator Charging (Ford Transit CCP2 to DC-TO-DC)
Enclosure for circuit breaker. Provides a safe and neat way to mount the breaker dedicated to alternator charging in the Ford Transit (CCP2 to DC-TO-DC charger), but can also be mounted to any surface of all vans (Sprinter, ProMaster, etc).
Only 8 left in stock
The enclosure can be mounted to any surface (vertical or horizontal) using two #6 flat head screws:
Simply push the breaker into the enclosure (snap-fit), then install the cover (snap-fit). No hardware needed!
The enclosure can accept cable up to 2/0 AWG and the modular plugs can be relocated to accept different cable routing:
With the cover in place and heat shrink tubing (not included), the terminals are isolated from the environment thus preventing accidental short circuiting:
Reset Button & lever
The breaker’s reset button can be triggered from outside (switches the circuit OFF), and there is a cutout to check the state of the reset lever:
- Blue Sea 285 Circuit Breaker, Surface Mount (all current ratings 25A up to 150A) : See on Amazon.
- Outside Dimensions: 96mm x 59mm x 36mm (3.8in x 2.3in x 1.4in).
- Manufacturing: 3D Printing.
- Material: Blend of Polycarbonate (50%), PETG (45%) & others (5%).
- Temperature Resistance: Up to 110°C (230F).
- Included: Enclosure (base & cover) with 2 modular plugs (breaker not included).
Real World Application (FOrd Transit CCP2 Alternator Charging)
Per ABYC E-11 standards, breakers should be installed 7 inches from the charge source (measured along the wire). So we created an enclosure that allows us to install the breaker within that distance from the Ford Transit CCP2 (which is rated for 175A). Our electrical system is not done yet so there’s not wires in the photos below, but you get the idea 🙂
Do It Yourself.
We couldn’t find a way to safely mount surface circuit breakers in our van, so we made one.
This is an homemade product.
Each enclosure is individually 3D printed, takes over 2 hours to complete, and requires manual labor. This is not a mass-produced product. This is a crafted, hand-made product.
We created this product for our own needs, to make just a few units. There is no way for us to ramp up the production and lower the price, unless we take it to injection molding manufacturing but that’s a whole another level we’re not considering at the moment.
- Ships From: British Columbia, Canada. Typical delivery time to USA is 2 weeks (more or less).
- Carrier: Canada Post.
- Cost: Calculated at checkout (actual shipping cost).