Our DIY Ford Transit Camper Van Conversion
Introducing our DIY Ford Transit camper van conversion, our little home on wheels! Built from hard work, basic tools, patience, and a bit of naivety… We had ups, we had downs, it was harder and longer than we expected, but in the end, WE DID IT (and so can you) and we’re super proud of what we accomplished!
We obsessively documented the entire conversion process in our Build Journal: products, materials, tools, build techniques, lessons learned, etc. The progression is presented chronologically (pretty much in the same order as we built our van). Let’s get down to business!
More Info On Our Ford Transit Camper Van Conversion:
We’ve got all the angles! 3D interactive tour, photos, videos… Welcome home, make yourself comfortable!
Creating a 3D model helped us plan and validate our layout, so we only built once!
We tracked all the cost and labor time we invested in our van, and organized it by category.
Turns out weight ads up very quickly! Most van conversions like ours are near the GVWR.
We are also tracking all the maintenance and repair cost since day 1 of ownership.
Learning and Knowledge
IN-DEPTH, FACT-BASED GUIDES.
BUILD YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS.
Tools and Calculators
CREATED TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER.
MADE WITH love FROM OUR VAN!
Van Electrical Calculator
- Size your battery bank, solar, alternator, shore, and inverter automagically or manually.
- The calculator generates an items list that entirely defines your electrical system! Simply add the items to your Amazon cart.
- Download, customize, and wire all your items per your wiring diagram.
Wire Gauge Calculator
- Using the correct wire gauge is essential for the SAFETY and PERFORMANCE of your electrical system.
- The correct wire gauge depends on LENGTH and CURRENT carried by the conductor.
- Our wiring diagram already has a built-in gauge calculator. But for anything outside the scope of our wiring diagram, use this:
- A simple tool to find out how much insulation you need to buy!