- Ford Transit 2016
- T-250 (3500LBS payload capacity)
- 3.7L Gasoline Engine
- 148″ Wheel Base. Extended Length, High Roof. (Body Code R3X)
- LSD (Limited Slip DIfferential)
- Magnetic Grey
- Fixed rear windows with flip-opened side passenger window, Power Heated mirrors with turn signals, 230amps Heavy Duty alternator with dual batteries and modified wiring, Heavy-duty tow package (includes hitch), Remote keyless entry keypads, Cruise control.
THERMAL & SOUNDS INSULATION
HOT WATER / SHOWER
- Total Conversion Cost: $20,150 USD
- Total Conversion Labor: 640 hours
See Cost And Labor page for detailed breakdown: faroutride.com/cost-and-labor
- Transit Empty Weight: 5450 LBS
- Conversion Added Weight: 1800 LBS
- Payload Weight: 1700 LBS
- FarOutVan Total Weight: 8950 LBS
Full breakdown: faroutride.com/weight-summary
Our Build Journal is a BIG DEAL! We obsessively documented the entire conversion process of our van: products, material, build techniques, lessons learned, etc. It'll take the guesswork out of the equation for your own build... Steps are presented sequentially: follow the chronological order to build your own van:
And here is the final weight summary of our campervan conversion: as delivered, conversion added weight, payload & total weight as measured.
MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR COST
Maintenance and repair cost should be taken into account when choosing a van. Here is our Ford Transit maintenance and repair log book since DAY 1 of ownership (June 2016); we keep it up-to-date so hopefully it helps you choose the right van!
Nice To Meet You.
Hello! We’re Isabelle and Antoine In 2017 we sold our house (and everything in it), quit our engineering careers and moved into our self built campervan. We’ve been on the road since then and every day is an opportunity for a new adventure; we’re chasing our dreams and hopefully it inspires others to do the same!