The Sirocco 3-axis wall fan is the perfect addition to our campervan; it’s one of those things we installed “just-in-case” but it turned out we use it A LOT! We love the 360 degrees directional air flow: it allows us to use the fan anywhere in the van (in the bedroom at night or in the living-room during the day). It’s marine-grade so it’s a high-quality product and it’s built to last. Let’s have a closer look!
What we Like
- It’s mounted on a 3-axis gimbal, so the airflow can be directed in ANY direction! Neat!
- There is a timer so the fan turns off automatically after 3/6/9/12 hours. That’s useful when we want to fall asleep with the fan running but we don’t want it to run all night long.
- It can be folded against the wall when we’re not using it.
- It has 3 speeds: low, medium, high.
- It’s 12V and draws not much current: 0.1A on low, 0.2A on medium, 0.3A on high.
- It has a high-quality feel and we’re confident it will pass the test of time.
- It’s made in Canada, just like us! (and has 2 years warranty)
What we Don’t Like …
- The motor is quiet, but the fan being relatively small (7 inches diameter) it generates some wind noise (even at low speed). That being said, it’s constant noise so we don’t mind it at all and, in fact, we sometimes use it to help us fall asleep when we’re parked near busy places…
- There is a small LED light to indicate that the timer is activated; we found that to be annoying (we like when it’s pitch-black when going to bed), so we placed a small piece of electrical tape over the LED. Problem solved 🙂
Models & Where to Buy
The fan is connected to the 12V battery via a fuse box. We won’t get into details here, but you might want to check our Electrical System article (faroutride.com/electrical-system) for more information.
1- Install the mounting plate using six screws and drill a hole in the wall to route the electrical wire:
2- Install the fan onto the mounting plate and secure using the two bolts:
We installed the fan in 2016 and it’s performing flawlessly since then. As we mentioned, it’s a high-quality product and we’re confident it will pass the test of time.
Subscribe to our Mailing List to be notified if anything happens!
There are a lot of lower-cost alternatives out there, but they all look very cheap and fragile. We built our van using only high-quality products and we feel the Sirocco fan is the only viable option. We considered the Fan-Tastic Endless Breeze fan (amzn.to/2ooV4rF): it’s a good 12V portable quality fan, but we wanted something that is installed permanently so we don’t have to move it around:
Manufacturer Website: www.caframolifestylesolutions.com/product/marine/sirocco-ii/
Thanks for reading 🙂
You Might Be Interested In:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click a product link and buy anything from the merchant, we will receive a commission fee. The price you pay remains the same, affiliate link or not.
Alternatively, you can visit our Say Thanks! page.