Vacuum Adapters for Power Tool Dust Collection
These adapters turn your vacuum into a dust collection system. They allow to connect the hose of a wet/dry shop vac to the dust port of various power tools!
This is a digital download (no physical part) and bundles various 3D models of the adapter (see description). You will have to 3D print it at home or use an on-demand 3D printing service (see description for how-to).
What you get
This is a digital download only (no physical parts). It includes the 3D model files (.stl) required to 3D print the following adapters (keep reading to learn how).
We personally tested all the adapters below and confirm they work with the following vacuums/tools:
|Files||Vacuum Compatibility1||Tool Compatibility2|
|Vacuum Adapter (1-1-4 to 39-4mm).stl||1-1/4″ Ridgid||Wen Track Saw CT1065 (Amazon)|
|Vacuum Adapter (1-1-4″ to 42-2mm).stl||1-1/4″ Ridgid||DeWalt 7-1/4″ & 10″ Miter Saw (Amazon), DeWalt 5-inch Orbital Sander (Amazon)|
|Vacuum Adapter (1-7-8″ to 39-4mm).stl||1-7/8″ Ridgid||Wen Track Saw CT1065 (Amazon)|
|Vacuum Adapter (1-7-8″ to 42-2mm).stl||1-7/8″ Ridgid||DeWalt 7-1/4″ & 10″ Miter Saw (Amazon), DeWalt 5-inch Orbital Sander (Amazon)|
|Vacuum Adapter (2-1-2″ to 39-4mm).stl||2-1/2″ Ridgid||Wen Track Saw CT1065 (Amazon)|
|Vacuum Adapter (2-1-2″ to 42-2mm).stl||2-1/2″ Ridgid||DeWalt 7-1/4″ & 10″ Miter Saw (Amazon), DeWalt 5-inch Orbital Sander (Amazon)|
1 Most vacuums share the same accessory size (1-1/4″, 1-7/8″ & 2-1/2″). Refer to “Accessory Size” or “Hose Diameter” on the manufacturer website (Ridgid) to find your model size.
2 Unfortunately tool manufacturers don’t publish dust port sizes, so we cannot maintain an exhaustive list. We have to manually test each tool in that list by going to the closest hardware store…
The adapters may work with other brands/models, but we cannot guarantee it. You can measure the outside diameter of the dust port as follows to find out:
Each adapter is engraved with the compatible vacuum accessory size (in) and dust port outside diameter (mm):
Print At Home
Got a 3D printer at home? Awesome! Here are the recommended print parameters:
- Material: PETG (PLA works, but PETG has a bit more flex, more strength, and a better fit).
- Layer height: 0.30mm for a functional print, or less for finer details (we use 0.15mm-0.30mm variable layer height with a 0.6mm nozzle for a good compromise between speed & fine details).
- Infill/Perimeters: For this cylindric part, no infill (perimeters only) results in faster print and better strength (increase the number of perimeters until no infill is needed).
- Approximate Print Time: Around 1:25-2:00 hours with 0.6mm nozzle, 2:00-3:00 hours with a 0.4mm nozzle. Time varies depending on the adapter size and print parameters.
- Print orientation:
On-Demand 3D Printing Service
No 3D printer? That’s OK, you can use an on-demand 3D printing service. Here is how you can get an instant free quote and proceed to have it shipped to your door:
- Go to craftcloud3d.com/upload and upload the .stl file of the adapter of your choice –> Click on “See Materials & Prices”.
- Scroll down to “PETG” –> Click “Select Material”.
- Under “Standard” finish, select “100% infill” –> Click “Select Finish” to confirm.
- Find the color of your choice (some colors cost more, be careful) –> Click “See Offers”.
- Scroll down to compare to price & shipping options –> Click “Add to Cart”.
In the USA, expect to pay between $15-$20 total (including shipping) per adapter. In Canada, there are less offers so the price is steeper…
Your downloads will be available immediately after checkout under “My Account”: faroutride.com/my-account/downloads/